Position: Business Development Manager, Life Sciences
Type: Permanent Position
Location: NJ / PA / NY / MD / VA/ CA
Xyntek is seeking entrepreneurial-minded, dedicated, and motivated Business Unit Development Managers on the East Coast and the West Coast in order to continue to build Xyntek’s market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing contracts featuring Xyntek’s high-end Real Time IT & Systems Automation turnkey solutions. This involves also negotiating and selling Xyntek’s upfront IT & Systems Automation consulting and design services, in order to fully develop the total turn-key automation solution based on state of the art technology, which will also includes Xyntek’s Compliance solutions within the Life Sciences Industry.
The ideal candidates will be involved in all aspects of Business Development and solutions selling, including:
• Screening potential business deals with final end user customers & analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, prospect and market potential, and financials.
• Locating or proposing potential business deals solutions by contacting end user customers and potential technology partners; & discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Identifying trendsetter and innovative ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
• Developing negotiation strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture within company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials with both the end user customer and the potential technology partners' needs and goals.
• Protecting organization's value by keeping all business strategies and technical information confidential.
• Continuously update one’s knowledge base of the industry by participating in educational conferences; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; & participating in professional organizations, and presenting technology updates and Xyntek success stories at professional conferences.
• Ideal skillset includes past history of Meeting/Exceeding Sales Goals, Strong Prospecting, Presentation, and Closing Skills; Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs (Solution Selling), Territory Management, Market Knowledge of the Life Science Industry, Self-Motivation for Sales/Results, High Energy Level, and Professionalism.
• Proven track record of successful selling of technical solutions and services within the Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry.
• Knowledge and experience with various Information Technology and Automation platforms across the various drug development, production, packaging and supply chain business.
• Bachelors / Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer & Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, MIS or related IT degrees, Technical Marketing
• Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience with typical off-the-shelf CRM software such as ACT, and other PC-based software packages such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Established in 1986, Xyntek, Inc. is an Information Technology and Automation Systems Engineering Consulting, Design, Development, and Implementation firm. Our solutions and services are provided to Fortune 100 companies in the Life Sciences industry including:
o Medical Device
o Healthcare (Hospital IT)
At Xyntek, employees are our most valuable resource, and an integral part of our continued success. Our team works aggressively and passionately to continue to win and grow. Xyntek offers excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and a high energy work environment and growth. Benefits include:
Health plan insurance plan covers (medical, dental, & vision. Plan is 100% paid by the company.)
401K with company match & profit sharing. Fully vested after one year of full time employment.
Paid vacations & holidays equivalent to one month's salary.
100% company paid lunches when working out of the office.
100% Company paid expenses for attendance at Professional
Conferences and events.
100% Company sponsored social gatherings & events.
Annual performance based raises & bonuses.
Engineering Mentorship Programs.
Fast track technical & management career growth.
Xyntek is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.